Fillers at Duggal Plastic Surgery
Soft tissue fillers are another non-surgical option for facial rejuvenation. They fill in lines, smooth wrinkles, and can add volume to the soft tissues of the face. Many fillers are made up of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin, or other slowly absorbing substances.
There are multiple different types of fillers including Juvéderm® XC, Voluma®, Restylane®, Perlane®, Belotero® and many others. The type of filler used depends on the anatomic location it is injected and the goals of the patient.
Common indications for fillers are:
- smoothing wrinkles or deep furrows
- restoring volume to the lips or cheeks
- improving tear troughs underneath the eyes
- correcting lines around the mouth and marionette lines
- improve an aging appearance of the back of the hands
A consultation for fillers will involve a facial analysis by Dr. Duggal and a discussion on the desires and goals of each patient. A very natural appearance can be maintained with facial fillers. The results last a year or more depending on the product used and the location it is injected.